Sunday, October 17, 2010

Travels and a Warning

Zach I and just made it home from a trip to Charleston, SC, and Savannah, GA, sans our two little kiddos.  We had a great time, but of course, missed Jackson and Katherine.  We've only been home a couple of days, but already are back in our daily routine making the vacation almost seem like it was a month ago rather than just last week!
 
Close-ups of Katherine's teeth!
Just click on the picture to make it larger

I can't leave out any pictures from our trip, so here are some.  The pictures are mainly of churches, graveyards, and architecture, since that is what you are surrounded with while in both of the cities! 

Starting off in Charleston
Ft. Sumter

We've made it to Savannah and here is Savannah's "Waving Girl"

At Bonaventure Cemetery which became well-known with Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.  Following the movie, the "bird girl" statue was moved from the cemetery to a local museum, so we didn't get to see it.
Chippewa Square-the square in Savannah where Forrest Gump sat on the bench while eating his chocolates and telling his life story.  This is actually the side opposite where he sat, but the city removed the bench he sat on, and this side is prettier!

Like the new background?  I'm not too fond of it, but it's what you will see on here for a while to come.  I was trying to change the background to a Halloween theme and somehow managed to "update" to the newer blogger templates.  It has been nothing short of a nightmare trying to figure everything out.  Everything on the sidebar was missing and the spacing in my posts was all messed up.  Long story short, don't upgrade your template (the template is different from the background, but be careful) while attempting to change your background.  You'll regret it.

3 comments:

Linda said...

You take such great pictures, will you give me lessons?

The Vaughns said...

Thanks Mrs. Linda! Not sure I'm the person for lessons, but I'd be happy to!

Leslie said...

Love the pics, pearly whites and train shirt!! Glad you guys had fun...welcome back!!