Monday, July 1, 2013

Flashback

It's July and that means one thing around here . . . Jackson's birthday!!  Last night I looked at posts from 2008 that I did and found these gems.  These pictures are from June 30 and July 1, exactly 5 years ago now!  My dad took the first picture and it's about the only picture that we have of Jackson crawling since he never did really crawl.
 He still loves the water!



Zach and I both remember this day 5 years ago.  I had filled the pool up for Jackson, but he decided to stand up, take the hose, and just play with it.  He was being so cute that I called Zach and he came home from work to watch him (remember Zach's office was only 1/4 mile from the house then!).

 Drinking from the hose is still a favorite pastime!
 Not so happy once hearing it was time to go inside!
From time to time, I'll look back at these old posts and am so happy to have pictures and memories written down.  This blog started as a way for family to see pictures of Jackson, but it's also become a scrapbook of sorts for us.  Looking at our almost 6 year old little boy now compared to these pictures seems almost a lifetime ago, while in other ways it seems like last week.  The time really does fly.

No comments: