Saturday, May 5, 2012

Therapy

Shortly before Katherine's birthday I mentioned to Zach that I would like to {translation:  I would like him to} clear the areas on either side of the house and finish sodding those areas.  I think he mumbled, "Are you sure?" and that's all it took.  One mention to him about grass and there is no looking back.  Last weekend he brought the tractor home and his blood started flowing!
  Katherine was a little excited also!
And Jackson got excited about the bucket!

After seeing how our two busybodies calmed down to sit in the tractor, I'm thinking that the tractor may be incorporated into this year's Christmas card picture.  I think I'll just set the timer on the camera and jump in the bucket next to Jackson.  Hold on . . . maybe we're getting a little too redneckish here?

Faithful onlookers
Apparently Zach's heart started beating pretty quick at this point . . . he had just cranked up the tractor and the next thing I witness is Zach driving straight through all the brush and trees in front of him.  I was a little shocked as I watched and told him later that I didn't think 'we' were going to clear that entire area.  He replied, "I didn't either."
Bringing it in for the evening. 
Had I known he was about to clear the entire forest next to us, I would have taken some before pictures. {I realize it's hard to tell from this picture, but you should see what he started/cleared in about 45 minutes.}  Grass is good therapy in this house.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I said something once about "being a little too redneck" and Coach Elam told me you could "never be too redneck". So go for the Christmas Picture with the Tractor :o)