So we're almost a week late and into the next month before getting around to our Thanksgiving, but I'll find some truth in that old saying, "better late than never." Jackson and Katherine had been at their grandparents for quite a while prior to Thanksgiving while Zach and I took a trip to New Orleans. By the time we arrived at the grandparents, Jackson, Katherine, and Emma were running the show.
The morning of Thanksgiving they were playing Hide and Seek.
Katherine is quickly becoming a pro.

Counting together while everyone else is supposed to be hiding.
I think this is my favorite picture from the trip.
Their cousin, Sarah, came over for a little while and they had attention from an older cousin . . . . they were in heaven. Just tonight and out of the blue, Jackson said he wanted to see Sarah.
Carson and Sam are so sweet to Jackson, Katherine, and Emma. Carson was one of the flower girls in our wedding and Sam was the ring bearer. I think they were around 3 and 4 or 4 and 5 years old, and look how grown they are now!
Carson coordinated and prepared our Thanksgiving meal! She did an outstanding job! She also made sure we were entertained afterwards with a game of charades!
Jackson getting a little help!
And nothing can help this
Everyone took a turn cramming their face in it!
Outside and working off the meal with a little rock climbing!
Katherine found Grandpa's glasses
Our little all-star in training!
We had a fun Thanksgiving with Zach's family and had to head home the following morning. We made it home and 45 minutes later I was back in the car heading south to run in a half marathon that I was persuaded into running. Maybe that's why I'm just now updating the blog . . . every muscle in my body has been sore. Anyway, we didn't have a camera and this is the only proof that I finished.
She is obsessed with this medal.
And singing Itsy Bitsy Spider, which is what she is doing in the picture. For her, the medal is a variety of things--a camera, a backpack, or a phone to name a few.
The last two weeks have been anything but routine, so we're settling back in to the familiar this week.

















3 comments:
1. Love the hide-and-seek pic. It's my fave too!
2. Does Zach know you posted that pic of him? I'm sure he's thrilled...it's hilarious!
3. That must be some great friend that persuaded you to run that race. She sucks, though, for not bringing a camera.
4. At least you have Thanksgiving pics to post.
5. You are so awesome for finishing that race. I am proud of you!
Zach has no idea that picture is posted! I'm sure he'll be pleased when he sees it! I'm glad I did the race and am proud of you as well! Oh, and nice profile pic you have there! ;)
I Love the hide and seek picture also - too cute.
Can't wait to hear Zach's reaction to having the pic of him on the blog - but knowing Zach, he will roll with it.
I'm proud of you and Leslie for doing the race with Kristi - know it was a fun time together - - but next time someone take a camera -
Post a Comment