We had a day of firsts today! Katherine had her first soccer game and Jackson competed in his first Pinewood Derby with Cub Scouts.
This is Katherine's first time to play on an organized team. She played for a few minutes and wasn't really going after the ball--I think she was a little overwhelmed. We've learned she responds well with a little motivation (some people may say bribery), so when she had a break, I told her if she kicked the ball a lot I would buy her a surprise! She went back out and went after the ball for awhile! She did great for her first game!
After lunch we ended up at Jackson's Pinewood Derby race! We saw some of the car races and Jackson's car didn't place in the top to move on to the final round. Once all of the rounds were completed, awards were handed out. All of the sudden I look over and see Jackson walking onto the stage and started to call for him to come back. Turns out, they had called his name--he won for coolest car!!
Apparently if you win that award, your car is automatically entered into the final round! After not making into the finals based on time, he ended up placing fifth overall in time!
If you ask Jackson, he says he won the whole thing!








No comments:
Post a Comment