Friday, August 9, 2013

School Days

The lazy days of summer are now behind us.  Katherine started 3 year old preschool this past Monday, and Jackson started kindergarten today.
Katherine's first day picture was moved to the backyard after a couple of wasps started chasing us, and since the sun isn't in their faces in the back in the mornings, I decided to take Jackson's there as well.

Katherine's 1st Day, August 5!
 Katherine is at the same preschool she started last year and thankfully is in a class with the friends she made last year and over the summer.

Jackson's 1st Day of Kindergarten, August 9!
 It's hard to believe our fella is in kindergarten.  When did he grow up?!  Zach actually took him this morning since his school starts at 7:35.  Jackson seems to do better when Zach drops him off, so I stayed home and waited for Katherine to wake up.  Thankfully she woke up early just as they were leaving . . . I was tearing up watching them leave and not going with them, but Katherine was a welcome distraction!
Zach took a picture at school for me since I wasn't joining them!  As predicted, Jackson walked right in, made himself at home, and started playing with his new classmates!

Our babies . . .
we're looking forward to a new year and many fun times!
{Oh, I failed to mention how excited Jackson has been about his red shoes!!  His dress code last year was pretty strict with only red or white shirts, blue shorts, and gray shoes.  This year, however, he has a choice between 5 different color shirts, a couple of pants colors, and several shoe choices!  He was probably most excited this morning about those shoes!}

No comments: