Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Blues

We've been trying to recuperate around here and get back to 100%.  Jackson was sick with a stomach virus all day Sunday, stayed home from preschool on Monday (which he was none too pleased about), and Katherine went to school and ended up coming home early.  We received a call from preschool saying she had been involved in an incident on the playground.  Thankfully Zach's office is next door and was able to get to her in a few minutes.  Apparently some of the 2 year olds were misbehaving and when the teacher started to try to correct their behavior, they all froze, one lost his balance causing several to fall and they landed on Katherine.  Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  She has two scratches on her face (one is very small), had a goose egg on top of her head and several other bruises scattered about.  When we arrived, they had a huge bandage on her face and I was terrified to take it off and see what was under it.
On the way home, Katherine was trying to take the big band aid off and Jackson kept trying to explain to her by yelling that she had a boo boo and needed to leave her band aids on.  {I'm sure he was a little jealous that he didn't have a band aid!}  When we got home, they both relaxed a while on the bed and Jackson was pretty concerned about her for a few minutes.  Then he asked me to get her off of him. 
 Our poor little sweetie was pretty shaken up until well after we made it home.

The damage
(taken the following day when she wasn't quite so beat up looking all over).
It wasn't as bad as I had prepared myself for, but it's still a pretty big cut for such a small little face.

Moving on to today . . .
 Jackson brought home the "Me Bag" on Tuesday.  It's like Show and Tell where they bring something they like and tell about it.  The teacher limits it to 3 items--she obviously has experience because Jackson was cramming everything he could into that bag.  He finally settled on his John Deere tractor, Percy, and a triceratops.  Tom Baby was supposed to be in the bag, but he fell victim to one of Jackson's 'upsets' on Sunday and is still recuperating.  Jackson is able to sleep with him again, but I'm not sure that poor little teddy bear will ever be the same.
 When I picked Jackson and Katherine up today, I asked Jackson's teacher how he did with the Me Bag and she said he did great.  He can be shy and his teacher admitted she thought he would be pretty quiet when talking about his items, but he surprised her and did really well!  I think she is also making an effort to talk to him individually a good bit each day.

I tried to get a picture of the two this morning, but this was the best I could get.  Jackson gave me a glimpse of a smile, but Katherine just gave me a dazed look the whole time.

One more of Katherine.
We are well aware of the danger involved, but she loves sticking things in her ears and up her nose.  Whenever she finds a match, she says "Birthday" and then sticks it in her ear.  :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Best. Post. Ever
My favorite?? The match in the ear...priceless :)

The Vaughns said...

Awe, thanks!!