Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The View is Better High Up

I've mentioned before that Katherine is a climber, so here is some proof.  I've been snapping some pictures of examples since June, which was the same time that she began walking.  This feat comes straight from her Daddy.  In fact, I'm beginning to realize that although she looks like me, she is a mini-Zach in personality.

Here, I walked into the dining room and found her stuck in this position.
This picture was taken in June about the same time that she gave up crawling for walking.

She climbed into their bathroom sink pretty much on her own.  In this particular picture, we were filling the bathtub up for a bath and Zach was standing right by Katherine and had his hands on her while she climbed, but she did the work herself.

 A common occurrence if the chair is left out

Katherine loves playing with the little black switch on the dryer that controls the dryer light.  On this day, the switch became a little boring, so she climbed right in.

Katherine and I were sitting on the couch when she decided to climb up the back of it and crawl onto the sofa table.

I was about to make her a grilled cheese sandwich on this day and she wanted to check out what was going on.  She does this often now, especially when she's hungry.

And, she climbed into the sink here completely on her own.
No guiding hand to catch her just in case.
The story-Jackson was in time out for a short time in the hallway near their bathroom and I was in the other room.  I called Jackson out of time out and was about to go over with him what he had done when he started saying, "Katherine is high up."  This is what I found.  I think she's thinking, "Yeah, what's the big deal here?"
The way she gets into the sink, you ask?  There is a stool in the bathroom for Jackson and she steps up on it to climb onto the toilet.  From there she grabs onto the countertop and then puts her knee on the toilet paper holder and climbs over.  Rather scary.  Don't worry, the bathroom door now stays closed, and we have taken other precautions for other places in the house that she likes to try to climb onto when no one is around--like Jackson's bed.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

She'll be wanting to run away and joint he circus in a few years when she masters everything in the house, ha!

The Vaughns said...

She already lives in a circus and is part of the main attraction!