Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Turkeys and Such

We headed back to the zoo today to burn some energy.  As soon as we stepped out of the car, we started sweating, so most of the pictures showcase some red little faces.

Trying to get a picture of the two, but it's impossible.  If I say "Smile!" or "Show me your happy face" Jackson immediately starts poking his lip out.  Katherine just thinks I'm nuts.

Calling the tigers!

Katherine's turn!

 Every time we passed a duck critter, I thought Jackson was yelling "Cookie, come here!" over and over.  Most of the "ducks" that we saw were black and white, so I just concluded that he thought they looked like an Oreo and decided to name them.  I finally heard him better, and turns out, he was yelling "Turkey" over and over.  I guess they do 'sort of' look like a turkey.

Miss Skinny Legs

I talked Jackson into sticking his head in this by telling him that if he looked through, he would get a better view of the prairie dogs.  He fell for it.
After making it through about half of the zoo, we decided it was time to head home.  Jackson and I kept Katherine awake most of the way home until she fell asleep with about 2 minutes left of the drive.  Once we were inside, I changed her diaper and she never moved an inch.  I guess the zoo wore at least one of them out.


No comments: