I had planned on taking Jackson and Katherine to the park today, but when I asked Jackson if he wanted to go to the park, he answered no, he wanted to go to the zoo. Great idea, Jackson! I really wasn't too excited about the park today, but just wanted to get him out of the house and the zoo was a much better idea!
The Jaguar!
We rode the train as soon as we arrived and Jackson and Katherine loved it! Jackson was even content just riding it one time and never complained about not getting to ride again.
Katherine stretching her legs.
She still prefers crawling, so unfornuately she spent most of her time in the stroller.
Jackson going through one of the prairie dog tunnels. He LOVED these tunnels . . . I think we stayed here at least 30 minutes just watching him run through the tunnels.
He wasn't tall enough to get an eye-level view of the prairie dogs, but he was fine with that,
he just showed me where they were!
Another thing he loved . . .
I had a time getting him away from the water fountain!
And on the way out, he spotted the railroad crossing. He's still obsessed with anything train related . . . the engines, the bells, the tracks, the crossing signs, the funnel, the smoke, the wheels. Everything.
This trip turned out to be a milestone for me--my first time, yes first, taking both Jackson and Katherine completely by myself somewhere like this (this doesn't count Wal-Mart, quick errands, etc.). Before we moved, the nearest cities with any attractions were at least 90 miles away and by the time we got packed up and made the drive, no one was in a great mood, so I chose not to do long distance things like this by myself. But, we're closer to so many more things that Jackson enjoys and I'm getting used to venturing out to places with both Jackson and Katherine. I also think Jackson is getting better at understanding that he will get to go back to places he enjoys and the crying fits when we leave haven't been as common as in the past. And, maybe there aren't as many fits these days since he can be easily bribed with french fries. No, he wasn't bribed with french fries today, just a dry shirt since he had soaked his at the water fountain, and he hates wearing wet clothes. :)










1 comment:
Glad ya'll had a fun day - next time take me with you :o)
Post a Comment