Katherine had us thinking a couple of weeks ago that she was about to take off walking, but she decided she would rather crawl a little longer. She continued to take a few steps here and there, but for the most part, she was still crawling. We went to our niece's birthday party over the weekend in Alabama, and I had a feeling while gone that Katherine would really start walking since we were in a different environment, but once again--wrong! Well, today, she woke up and apparently decided that the time has come to get off of her hands and knees! Currently, she is still mainly crawling, but today is the first day that she has taken the initiative to just stand up and start walking around! She has done this numerous times today, so if she keeps it up, I think we'll have a walker by next week! Don't get me wrong, I'm not too pleased that she's growing up so quickly, but it's going to happen and it's exciting watching her!
On days that we're home all day, I usually keep her in long pants so her knees won't get so red from crawling on the hard floors (the hardwood isn't so bad, but we have brick floors in several areas and I cringe when her little knees go across that without pants). I'm looking forward to putting her in more summer dresses also!
Also, over the last few days, our little girl has shown that she is going to be a climber. While at her grandparents', she managed to climb several feet onto the platform that is around their bathtub; once we made it back home last night, Zach caught her climbing on a chair and reaching to get on top of the table; and tonight while outside, she managed to climb onto the wicker chairs. The next video is a little longer and she doesn't make it onto the chair until the end, but if you watch it, you can see her walk and talk a little!
{Yes, I know her pants are filthy, and no, she doesn't hurt herself at the end.}
1 comment:
I thought girls were supposed less adventurous than boys. She looks just like William did in that last video!! Go Katherine...she'll be walking everywhere by next week!
Post a Comment