Monday, January 31, 2011

Ganging Up

Today was one of those days where the minis got together sometime this morning and agreed that neither of them felt an afternoon nap would be beneficial.
While trying to get Katherine to stay asleep and after listening on the monitor for about an hour to rustling in Jackson's room, I walked in to find him trying on hats and reading The Little Engine that Could.  I told him to go to sleep (after I took his picture, of course).  Then I heard Katherine stirring around, tried to get her back to sleep once again, and at some point I just threw in the towel.
 What, me?
Not take a nap?
Noooo.
After we drove around for a while (so Katherine would have some nap--it's a long time until 7 p.m. rolls around) and were back home, Jackson found some gloves and decided that if you wear gloves, you must play football.  So, we found his football and played catch. 
 Meanwhile, Katherine raided Jackson's toybox undisturbed.
 And then I walked out of Jackson's room and saw one of his shoes 
sitting high up on the window.
I didn't dare ask.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Always an adventure at the Vaughn house!! com'mon mama...we don't need naps!!

meurrier said...

How do they always conspire to not nap on the same day? It happens here too!