The weather was nice, so Jackson and I headed to the park this afternoon. I realized today that for him to really have fun, we need another person. Right off, I helped him climb up the slide and then all the sudden he turned his back to me, laughed, and started to dart. I looked where he was headed and my heart skipped a beat . . . he was headed right toward an opening where older kids can climb down some ladder type thing, but something that an 18 month old will just fall flat on his face. Thankfully, he stopped before he plunged and I was able to get to him. Talk about an eye-opener! From then on, whenever he was "inside" the gym, I was right beside him.
He's laughing while trying to wiggle out of my hand so he can run off and scare me again!
Playing with the fence. He liked to pull it back and forth, again and again and again. There is a walking path at the park also and he liked to follow the people walking by. Needless to say, I ran as much as he did today.
Right after this picture, he found a packet of some hot sauce from Taco Bell that a litterbug had left behind. Before I could get to him, he had it and was squeezing it. Of course it was open and his hands were covered. All I had on me was about an ounce of juice left that I poured on his hands. We left soon after. Thank goodness he didn't rub his eyes before we got home.
My babyHe loved watching his shadow.
______________________________________________
This picture was taken a little over a year ago and one of the first times in his highchair. I remember thinking then that it wouldn't be long before he really filled it in. Also, notice the straps that he has on (like he's really going anywhere, a bit overkill at this point).

And a picture of him today! How he has grown and changed!
Remember those straps? Not long after we started using the highchair, I took all of the straps off not really thinking to the future--well, they would be nice now . . .
______________________________________________
This picture was taken a little over a year ago and one of the first times in his highchair. I remember thinking then that it wouldn't be long before he really filled it in. Also, notice the straps that he has on (like he's really going anywhere, a bit overkill at this point).
And a picture of him today! How he has grown and changed!
Remember those straps? Not long after we started using the highchair, I took all of the straps off not really thinking to the future--well, they would be nice now . . ..jpg)
2 comments:
the park is a hard thing. i always said i didn't want to be a parent hovering behind their kid at the park but you totally have to do that for a while! h is just now to the point where i feel ok not being real close. these pictures are beautiful!!
It was different than I had thought! He can climb since the last time we were at the park, so I figured he'd have a great time with the stairs! I didn't take it a step further and think about what's above those steps! He had fun, but he'll just have to get used to me having my hand on him the whole time!
Post a Comment