Jackson's first visit to the doctor was one year ago today, so I thought I would make his one year check-up exactly one year later. Here's the comparison--
Aug. 6, 2007
5 lbs., 13 oz.
19 inches long
36 cm head circumference
Aug. 6, 2008
22 lbs.
31 inches long
47 cm head circumference
I personally think he weighs more than 22 lbs (he weighed around 24 on our scale last week)! The nurse didn't weigh him on the infant scale and while she was getting his weight, he plopped down and started crawling off. After being with him in the waiting room and Jackson trying to get into everything, this was close enough. Then we got in to the exam room and he had a field day playing with the doctor's chair and trying to unplug everything. As soon as the doctor walked in, he was calm and still--amazing! It's much different now than previous visits since he's mobile. I'm exhausted and I'm not so sure I'll go back without Zach next time so we can double-team him!
On his toes stretching for the blinds!
Trying to get just one picture of his face! He has to go after the camera anytime he sees it. I'm sure he wants to see what it tastes like and then attempt to take it apart.
He is currently going through a phase where he wants to "share" everything with us. Last night, he was playing with a wooden puzzle and he took one of the pieces and tried to chew on it. I guess it tasted pretty good because he offered it to me. When I declined, he tried to open my mouth and push it in for a bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment